We have factories in the following locations: Daito City in Osaka, Iga City in Mie Prefecture, Takashima City in Shiga Prefecture, and Katsuragi City in Nara Prefecture.
Osaka Main Factory
At the Osaka Main Factory, we produce not only electric blowers, but also environment improvement equipment, such as the Mistrésa line, and other equipment for industrial use.
PRODUCTION / DESIGN
From batch-and-queue production to“one person, one piece flow”
“One person, one piece flow” refers to a production method where a single person manufactures a single product, completing the entire process of machining, assembly, inspection, and packaging before commencing work on another product. Thanks to this method, we have been able to cut the lead time required to produce a standard product by more than half. Additionally, since we accept orders for as little as a single unit based on the customer's needs, we work on improving the entire process -- from order receipt, to production, to shipping -- on a daily basis, constantly exploring options to streamline our production method as we go about improving the quality.
- Batch-and-queue Production
- One Person, One Piece Flow Production
Coordinate Measuring Instrument
To ensure effective inspections, we employ a coordinate measuring instrument to improve quality aspects such as the circularity and concentricity of a part, in addition to checking its size and specifications.
Digital Picking System
Digital picking systems reduce both time and errors, and enable work to be carried out smoothly. From the beginning of a process to its completion, the necessary parts and quantities are displayed.
Small Material Handling Robots
A shaft machining robot for products such as blowers and the Mistrésa line. Automating this process has played a part in quality improvements by enabling us to stabilize the finished dimensions.
R&D Verification Testing Room
At Showa Denki, we have 19 testing rooms where we can perform around 70 different types of testing and data analysis, including performance, durability, and environmental load testing for products such as our blowers and environmental devices (mist collectors, dust collectors), and characterization testing and the like for electric motors.
- Anechoic Chamber
- Here we measure the general performance of products. The walls and ceiling are soundproofed, allowing noise to be measured precisely in an indoor environment where noise levels are 25 dB(A). We can also analyze the noise frequency.
- Collection Efficiency Testing Room
- We use this room to measure the collection efficiency of mist collectors. It is also possible to measure the change in collection efficiency for different particle sizes.
- Vibration Testing Equipment
- Causing the product to vibrate enables us to evaluate aspects such as durability. We are able to perform tests that comply with JIS Z 0232 packaged freight vibration testing.
- New Electric Motor Testing Room
- With the motor load testing equipment, we can measure electric motor performance (torque efficiency, temperature rise). Our electric motor characterization is JIS C 4034-2-1 compliant.
- Environment Measurement Room
- This room contains all the equipment required to measure the working environment. Working environment measurement is required under the Industrial Safety and Health Act as a means of protecting workers.
- Conference room -Hatsuga-
- A room where group discussion leads to new discoveries and helps ideas germinate (Hatsuga). It is also used for factory-wide morning assemblies and training sessions.
- Conference room -Ah-da, Ko-da-
- A multi-purpose space designed to create an environment where people can discuss “this and that” (Ah-da, Ko-da) freely.
- Conference room -Soan-
- At Showa Denki, we value the realizations and flashes of inspiration that we have in our day-to-day work. This is a space where we can create these kinds of ideas or inventions (Soan).
- Meeting Room
- We use this room for employee meetings and business discussions with customers.
- Break room -Shodan Studio-
- This room is not only a break room for employees, we also use this room for meetings and business discussions with customers.
- Employee cafeteria -Hasshinkan-
- A buffet-style employee cafeteria. Not only is this space used for dining in, people also gather here and use it as a space in which to relax.
OSAKA HEAD OFFICE FACTORY
- 1-25 Shindenkita-machi, Daito City, Osaka 574-0052
- At the Osaka Main Factory, we produce electric blowers and other equipment for industrial use, such as the Mistrésa line. As a head office and factory working closely with bases spread across Japan, we are well positioned to provide support to our customers.